Wednesday 17 March 2010

Online Learning and More Planting

Hannah discovered a new website today with some fun maths games on it. It's called Softschool.com and she really enjoyed playing some of the mental arithmetic games on there. She can only add and subtract so far, but she likes it and that's the main thing! I would really like to get her a subscription to Education City as soon as i can, as this seems to be something that not only appeals to her, but really inspires her as well.

After lunch we did some more planting, and Hannah started off her radishes that we bought at the weekend. She now has beans, onions, carrots, radishes and rocket. I think we'll get broccoli next and see what we can do with that.

Just as we were clearing up i came across a 'Fairy Garden Set' that someone had given her for christmas and we had put away until spring. Well of course this caused huge excitement as it involved expanding soil discs, decorating with fairy stickers, and sprinkling glitter everywhere, not to mention the actual planting of some beautiful mixed flower seeds.

I must say it does look very pretty twinkling on the window sill in the sunshine!

Hannah with her fairy Garden


Some of our pots of veggie seeds on the window sill.
It has been a very nice, and unexpected day at home (unexpected because we would usually have been at our home ed group but today's was cancelled) today, and has made me think that perhaps we should spend a bit more time at home just taking the day as it comes...............................

4 comments:

Gina said...

So Lovely!

Rae said...

Goodness, you are well ahead with planting; we still have frost here, and clay soil, so are always about 6 weeks behind everyone else!
We have bought all our seeds though and I think I'll plant some tomatoes soon - and our potatoes are chitting.
Your fairy garden is beautiful!

Alicia said...

So sweet! I'm going to start some 'inside' plants with my kids soon too. Ok though, I need to see I pic of the TEASET!! I love teasets and my little girl is having a tea party bday tomorrow! :)

Fiona said...

I love that Fairy Garden Set - what an amazing gift.,
Sounds like a lovely day all round and I am very impressed with all your gardening efforts.