Thursday 2 August 2012

Emsworth Walk


Last Friday Hannah and I went for a walk with my sister and my mum around Emsworth. We walked along the shoreline footpath from the outskirts of the village into the village centre. It was lovely there. The tide was out and we explored along the beach and around the harbour before arriving at the village.

After an ice cream break we walked down to Brook Meadow where Hannah and I had been before but my sister hadn't.


The last time we visited Brook Meadow it was beautiful, but sadly this time it was past it's best as a lot of the wildflowers had passed over and the undergrowth was very damp and musty. It's a popular dog walkers trail and some of the areas were quite dirty (I hate that, there's not a lot worse than cleaning dog mess off of your child in the middle of nowhere is there!). We made our way to the paddling spot that Hannah enjoyed on our last visit and she did have fun there splashing around in the water and playing pooh sticks - even Grandma had a paddle!






After a while a couple of big bull dogs leapt into the stream and scared Hannah by jumping all over her, so she made a hasty exit from the stream and we made our way back to the village. I didn't get any pictures of the rest of the walk, but we walked out to the sailing club and along the causeway around the millpond before heading home.

No comments: