Monday 10 July 2017

A Whole Year Without My Dad

Last week was the one year anniversary of losing my dad. The year has gone so fast, it still feels like yesterday and I miss him every single day.
Because his ashes are in Wales with my step mum, my sister and I didn't have anywhere to visit or lay flowers - so we thought about what dad would have liked, and made our own memorial.
We went to his favourite fish and chip restaurant for lunch along with my mum and Hannah, and then drove out to the lake where he used to love to go fishing. We laid flowers near 'his' spot, and just sat by the lake and remembered him. It was really nice there, I can see why he liked it so much.

Restaurant selfie - it was hard to get us all in, but I really wanted a picture of us together!


Lunch

The lake

 Flowers for dad

Dad's fishing spot
Love you dad xx

No comments: